Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Focus - Melissa Frances

Editor's Note; we are pleased to let you know that many items have been restocked at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Limited supplies of the new products from Summer CHA 2013 are now in stock, including the new Sizzix Framelits Die sets, Texture Fades, Movers and Shapers dies, Bigz dies, and the Coats Eclectic Elements fabric packs. You can see all the latest items HERE.

Hey there guys....it's Terry, and it's my turn to give you a Friday Focus on the fabulous Melissa Frances range.......and Linda has lots of Melissa Frances products in the The Funkie Junkie Boutique... you should really check it out...your really gonna love what your about to see.... Ok, here we go.....
When Linda asked me to focus on the Melissa Frances range at first I did not have a clue what to make....but it did not take me long before the ideas just popped into my head. I really like to work with the products, the lace is completely yummy and the embellishments are fabulous to work with.
I had this nice empty lace package from Melissa Frances and thought that I could re use it...so I took my pencil and drew around the package onto a piece of Pion Design Paper.....cut it out and glued the two pieces together.
I took a paper distresser and worked on the edges and then got the Vintage Photo Distress Ink and gently blended the borders with it.
Then I got the Embossing Paste from Wendy Vecchi and her fabulous diamond stencil and played with it onto the what was going to be a label of some sort.....
Next I took the Ranger Embossing Powder, this time the rust one....and heated it with my heat tool. Did you know that if you use the Embossing Paste from Wendy you get a fabulous result playing with embossing powder on top? 
So this does not look like much....but bear with me you will see the end result pretty soon....after you check out my WHOLE post, lol......well there are just a "few" more pictures, lol......
I took the Dylusions Spray and the Adirondack Colour Wash out and sprayed it onto the heart embellishment.....it comes in the off white colour but for this project I wanted a different colour. The Espresso was a bit too dark for me so I sprayed some white Ink Spray on top......
Perhaps you think it is still too dark....I thought so too so first I played with the embossing powder and after that I worked on it some more...you will see the result shortly......
I did the same with this fabulous embellishment with the white roses on it....sprayed it and played with the embossing powder.....to give it a rusty look....
So here you have it, see the difference.....I think the Rust came out pretty good don't you think....on top I used some more Vintage Photo to finish it..
I used the same routine with the off white roses from Melissa Frances and sprayed it and embossed it.....
This is the way the roses look after they have been "embossed".
The Melissa Frances range has some awesome lace too.....different kinds and you can work with it in so many different ways....I was thinking about a flower....so I took the lace and curled it up and at the end I made a sort of a rose with it......
I think this lace is really wonderful and it was used underneath the rose.....
So this picture lets you see what the end result is...On top a rusty rose for the centre and some underneath the bigger rose that I made out of two sorts of lace.....
So now it was time to place the lace with flower onto the sort of a label and underneath some more lace....it looks a little like a ballerina eh? lol.....
I had a little star in my closet and thought that would look great underneath the rose.....
Remember the heart.......well this is the finished heart with lace underneath, you can do so much with a piece of lace and an embellishment.....on top the diamond and the sentiments to finish.....
I took the "whole" label and wanted to hang it up on the wall, so the easiest way to do that is to use this gorgeous hanger from Melissa Frances...and the fabulous thing is if you want use it for another project, just unclip it and used it for something else....how clever is that eh?

So I hope you like my Friday Focus and hopefully I have given you some ideas for using and altering the products from the Melissa Frances range. And remember, if you have purchased some goodies from Linda's shop, you can re use the package to make something out of that too! Be sure to check out the Friday Focus section at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where for this week only you will find items from the Melissa Francis range are discounted by and extra 15%.

Hope you will have lots of fun. We would love to see what you make.

Hugs Terry 
xxxx



6 comments:

  1. So many great ideas here for altering the resin embellishments and using that lovely lace/ribbon. Love what you've done Terry. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny so sweet of you xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love the way you altered those embellishments, how versatile are they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Redanne I am curious what your going to make hun xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love all the spraying you did and such a sweet end result!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Claudine, thankss for your sweet comment and hope I have given you some inspiration Hugs Terry xxx

      Delete